Atlanta Teachers Partner with Primary Schools in Zimbabwe

Follow Abby and Melissa as they travel back to Zimbabwe this summer!

To read about our wonderful trip to Zimbabwe during the summer of 2011, click on the posts to the right! Thank you for all of your support, this would not have been possible with out you.
Enjoy!



Sunday, July 22, 2012

Week 4 of Zimbabwe 2012

Our last week in Zim was bittersweet, we were excited about the fun week ahead and I was anxious to see my friends and family, but we had created a new family on the farm and would be sad to leave them behind.
We decided our last week in the schools would be spent passing out all the books and supplies we sorted. At each school we asked all the teachers to join us in their school courtyard, we then brought out all the books and supplies, explained them, allowed them to look through them, then took a picture of the teachers and some kids holding the books and supplies. Abby and I also gave each of the teacher's in the Grade 0 and Grade 1 classes the books my 5th grade students at my school made (see my original post here). We both used the books in all the classrooms and left 2 books in each classroom we worked in. Since everyday looked the same at pretty much every school,  below are some pictures of our huge pass out!
Lukadsi Primary with their books and supplies
Sweet friends with math supplies 
Love the expression on this teacher's face at Lukadsi Primary

Abby and I explaining the books and supplies at Matopo Primary

Abby and Chappy with her Grade 0 class at Matopo 

A sweet friend with one of the books my 5th graders made! 

Explaining supplies to Silobi Primary

Sigiti teachers and students with their supplies

My grade 1 teacher at Sigiti Primary with the book my 5th graders made

Abby with her teacher at Sigiti with 2 books my 5th graders made

Passing out at Dobi Primary

Dobi Primary with all their supplies

Dobi Primary Grade 1 kids with a book my 5th graders made

Abby and I on the 4th of July sporting our red, white and blue. Happy Birthday America! 

With my grade 1 teacher at Isotcha Primary with the books my 5th graders made

Grade 1 classroom at Isotcha reading their textbooks from the supply shipment! 

Abby reading with a Grade 4 classroom, love it! 
After dropping off a ton of supplies our hearts were full. When we started our trip, we never would have been able to guess how perfect the timing would be. We loved sorting through all the books and then getting the wonderful opportunity to pass them out. This summer was a great summer of wonderful experiences for Abby and me. Thank you so much to the people who generously gave money for us to use on supplies and for the thoughts and prayers we received during our time away. Hope we can do this again next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment